Devops engineer CARE
In order to professionalise customer service and to enable process-based handling of customer requests, Rabobank sought a tool to make this possible in an automated manner. The CARE project was born, to implement Omnitracker within our organisation. CARE stands for Call Registration and workflow for our support desks for large corporate customers.
Together with your DevOps team you are managing the application environment for CARE within the tribe Digital Platforms.
As an Operations Engineer it is your responsibility to run and change the applications within IT Systems. Besides the regular support activities, you implement change requests based on broad knowledge of ITIL processes.
As an Operations Engineer you are an active member of the Ops team, working closely with other disciplines/roles. You are a T-shaped professional and able to combine one or more technical specialties with the ability to take over basic activities of other specialists in your team (analysis, development and testing). You have general knowledge of software development and knowledge of the business domain that you work for. An intrinsic drive to personal development in new specialties is key to success as an Operations Engineer. Being flexible and taking ownership forms the mind-set that is necessary for this function. Together with the team you are driving and initiating delivery innovation. The complexity of the job is in the constant balance between run and change
Knowledge of and experience with Agile, Lean and ITIL;
• Hands on experience with Windows server, Linux Red Hat, Apache Proxy, SQL, IIS, firewall settings, SSL certificates and Azure DevOps;
• Knowledge of CARE (Omnitracker), monitoring and VB script is a pré;
• You are able to perform functional tests and contribute on creating test plans and write test cases
• Applicable knowledge of and experience with the combination of business domain and related IT chains;
• A basic mind-set of continuous improvement, flexibility and taking ownership. You focus on automating work in and around the team;
• You are able to convince people independently within the team and stakeholders outside the team of release deliverables and quality standards;
• You know how to assess risks and distinguish main issues from side issues;
• You are able to work with your team and the stakeholders to find the right balance between smaller and larger deployments, with consideration on chain dependencies;
• You are able to ensure controlled change – in accordance with quality standards and the required non-functional – of the applications using the standard processes (change-, release management);
• You can set up and carry out activities in the area of automated (test) environment coordination and life cycle management;
• You are able to combine one or more technical specialties with the capability of taking over basic activities of other specialists on the team (analysis, development and testing);
• You have experience with working in a dynamic international environment;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written English and Dutch;
• Align and drive service level agreements with business and IT vendors.